Hi Mark

Yes, all the work-arounds I suggested are currently doable. The problem
> with exporting images is that there isn't a reverse process for importing
> them (with embedded images) back into node.js.

What do you mean by "exporting images"? Are you talking about saving a
standalone HTML file with external images, and then reading the potentially
modified images back into Node.js?

I'm confused whether you are referring to embedded or external images.

> Is there a known hook or method somewhere in the code that would let you
> change image links on the fly?

Yes, for rendering static HTML. See:

http://tiddlywiki.com/#tv-wikilink-template%20Variable

Best wishes

Jeremy.

> Thanks!
> Mark
>
> On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 5:08:39 AM UTC-7, Jeremy Ruston wrote:
>>

>> > Another work around would be to generate external images when exporting
>> a stand-alone version
>>
>> If I'm understanding what you mean, that feature is already implemented.
>> Look at the tw5.com edition: although editing it in the client-server
>> configuration requires embedded images, when we save out the standalone
>> HTML snapshot the big images are externalised.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

>> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:12 AM, 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki <
>> tiddl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Ok, using Michele's idea for http-server running on port 8084, I can
>>> define a macro like this:
>>>
>>> *\define images(image:"Bugs Bunny")*
>>> *<$macrocall $name="imagepath" image="$image$" path={{imagePath1}} />*
>>> *\end*
>>> *\define imagepath(image:"a",path:"b")*
>>> *[img[$path$$image$]]*
>>> *\end*
>>>
>>> Then with tiddler imagePath1 like this:
>>>
>>> http://192.168.1.103:8084/TW-Images/
>>>

>>> *I can insert an image like this*
>>> *<<images myimage.jpg>>*
>>>
>>> It serves up on my desktop and local device OK. Presumably I could
>>> change the path whenever I needed.
>>>
>>> But this would mean changing all my image references to macros. And the
>>> _canonical_uri thing doesn't work. What I would prefer is if there was a
>>> way to "hook" a macro to the existing image links and insert the path
>>> before the image is rendered.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>>  --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c38c95fd-f54f-4b6c-bd41-d363ed009cd5%40googlegroups.com