Dear All,

For a long time I have been fascinated by something Jeremy wrote on the
original TW page, something about TW leading to a new way of writing.

I, like many others on this group, have been "on the path" hopelessly
addicted to tweaking tiddlywikis.... It just occurred to me that over the
years, TW has kind of affected my brain and way of thinking. I realised
this when writing wikitext in a non-TW environment, Gmail: where I write
all my posts the the TW group.

My conclusion is that TW's markup is the closes connection to the mind and
creative process. The "killer app" for speedly connected notetaking is
mastery of wikitext and particularly transculsion: placeholder prompts can
be filled in at a later date. Transculsion is the key to "flow", to
skipping over some detail which might be quite tricky to think though.
Return to it latter.

Adding links while drafting seems to have less value. Links are there for
the reader more than the writer: they come in on second drafts more....
maybe. #speculation #iwishthiscouldbealink

As well as transculsion, I think tagging could also be more useful than I
previously thought <<tagging [[reasons tagging is useful when drafting]]>>.
Its much less cumbersome than PrettyLinks (and I am so over CamelCase)

!! Exclaimation trumps hash: sorry markdown!

~PrettyLinks and CamelCase [[seem to slow things down|Why do PrettyLinks
slow me down?]], they are so hard to type, all that backwards and forwards,
and hard on the eye. Then I'll only go and change the tittle of the tidder
later.... and will i remeber the title the next time i want to make the
link?

Best wishes

Alex

normal serive resumes on Monday. #midsummermadness

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CALc1hYeTRM9aWH9MXvaL4iLkxzPow1H0B3hfiV3KXJr04hQx7w%40mail.gmail.com.