Hi Mat

I think there are two questions here:

* Why does TiddlyWiki disable inline JavaScript?
* How can one adapt arbitrary JavaScript libraries to work with TiddlyWiki?

The answer to the first is indeed to ensure that it is not possible to
construct a malicious wikitext tiddler that, when imported, steals personal
data. By restricting JavaScript to specially marked "JS module tiddlers" we
ensure that we can always filter out executable content.

The answer to the second question is less clearcut. The fundamental problem
is that many JavaScript libraries use a technique whereby the state of the
user interface is stored in the DOM. That doesn't work in TiddlyWiki5
because (like many modern JavaScript frameworks) it keeps state within
JavaScript objects and rebuilds the DOM on the fly as required. There's no
way to automatically convert DOM-based JavaScript code to work with
TiddlyWiki5.

So, the answer to the second question has two parts: learn JavaScript, and
learn TiddlyWiki5.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Sylvain Naudin <sil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep thanks for this Mario, I've bookmarked this thread to read it later.
>
> Sylvain
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ebf7592d-378e-4e6a-ac58-f8700118ecc8%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ebf7592d-378e-4e6a-ac58-f8700118ecc8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>