On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 5:28:32 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Mario expresses several concerns:
>
> > At the moment TW is configured to death already.
>
> My goal is to make TiddlyWiki flexible and useful for people who aren't
> yet ready to delve into wikitext and deep customisation.

Agreed!

> I try to make a call about which customisations should have a user
> interface based both on the norms of other applications (themes, palettes,
> language etc) and the discussions in the community. (A good example is the
> recent addition of a UI for disabling camelcase in response to persistent
> feedback that it was wanted).

I'm fine, if we add new configurations to the core... if - and only if good
arguments speak for them and if it adds real value for new users. ... From
my point of view, the sidebar is an essential part of the page layout,
which should be handled by a new theme. So may be we don't need to
"disable" existing tabs. May be it's enough to enable "customized" tabs. So
no need to overwrite shadow tiddlers -> no problem for updating.

If someone requests new functionality, please think about, that there may
be a lot of translation work needed too. If we have new variables, that
enable and disable sidebar tabs, we need a new configuration page and all
the translations need to be updated. This isn't rocket science, but
somebody needs to do it. ... That's why I like to discuss these types of
changes first. :)

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a4a2c45d-01f0-433b-a24b-ef2d85de09f5%40googlegroups.com.