The only discussion about changes to the widgets I have seen is about
letting them trigger action widgets so you may be in new territory. This is
related to the various list manipulation experiments going on. Mine is here
<http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/ListManipulation/> and the work
by Matabele is here <http://listops.tiddlyspot.com/>. Neither of these will
do what you want, but that is the current state of work related to what you
are asking. It may be a good idea to wait until we figure out how to do the
arbitrary list manipulations (or help out!) before updating the select
widget like that because it would use some of the same things on the
backend.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b91a0e4c-d1da-48aa-bc0f-8883647b2477%40googlegroups.com.