Hi Tobias,

Quoting Tobias Beer <beertob...@gmail.com>:

Very cool that you fully support these settings.
Well, kinda makes sense. After all, you implemented a slim server for it.

:)

However, for a non-dev end user, this is just great,
especially the ability to still auto-generate the html alongside
and perhaps have some ftp client auto-publish that to the web
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11803482/how-to-automatically-ftp-files-that-i-am-editing>

Great! Thanks for the stackoverflow link, I didn't know about some of those
programs!

A bit of testing...
I happened to delete the password in the ControlPanel for saving,
now I only get the download dialog.
I figured, ok I just try entering "twexe" and it saves the wiki.
Actually, any password will do. A bit odd, but ok.

This is done on purpose, it will only save automatically if you set
the wiki name in the saving tab to 'twexe'. This is the default
added by the twexe executable. It allows the user
to also sporadically change the Wiki Name and save it to a PHP UploadPlugin
compatible server. Then the user can change it back to 'twexe' and it will save
to the local twixie automatically again.

Perhaps an option to actually set a true password may be good...
to prevent overwrites on a local network.

Yes, I may add this later when I make a twexe TW5 plugin that
includes options and other features.

It's great that I can set upload and backup-dirs as I want,
decouples the exe from the wiki. Kudos.

One (obvious) thing that won't work is having two twexe run at the same
time.
Perhaps you can have some error handling as to
whether or not a given port is actually available and,
if not pick the next one, e.g. 8081...
Or is the port already configurable somehow?

This is already working, did you try it? It should pick the next available port.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/20151217131938.Horde.GnbKRyfUyHMSuJwjMGEuDtF%40www.newsfromgod.com.