I've been using TiddlyWiki since 2007 and I really like it. I've done only
light modifications, didn't really poke around in the source code and
stayed away from plugins. I've only used it for one purpose - keeping a
diary. Every year I would make a copy of the file, clear out the entries
from last year and begin again. So it was only recently that I found out
about the reboot.
My first impression of TiddlyWiki5 was negative. It looked uglier, seemed
to work slower and was much more complicated to understand. But that's
normal. You are used to something and react negatively when forced to
change. I'd probably still be using Version 2 if it wasn't for the new
built-in encryption feature.

But I figure I should join the future, learn something new and maybe there
are features in the new version that could come in handy. However, I've
grown quite attached to certain behaviors and I would like the implement
them in my wiki. I've poked around and tried to read the documentation,
communities and such but I think it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that
it can cause one to run away clutching one's head. It's a mess and it's not
helped that the majority of what you find refers to the old version. I
don't want to spend months trying to piece it all together.

I would appreciate help with these. Even an explanation of which
abstractions are needed (macro/message/widget) so I could figure it out
myself. Because right now I'm not sure if what I want is even possible. I
would prefer to not install plug-ins. It seems like TiddlyWiki should be
powerful to do the things I want. Here they are in the order of most to
least important.

1) Search results should display in the story.

In the old tiddlywiki when you searched for a term you would see the
results show in the story view. This is much more useful to me than seeing
a list of matching tiddlers.

2) I want some kind of "open all" associated action associated with a tag.
I want to see all the tiddlers with a certain tag in the story view. I
don't just want a list of titles but the contents.

I was able to use a list to show all tiddlers with a tag. But I had to
paste it into each tag's tiddler individually and I want the tiddlers
displayed separately not the way list does it.

3) I would like a single line break to translate into a <br>. Currently I
have to do two line breaks to force a new paragraph. I don't want to be
typing html <br> into my posts.

My hope is that doing this will teach me more about TiddlyWiki5 is put
together and that I will stick with it and perhaps contribute to the
documentation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ff103a86-19a1-4add-80a5-0164deeb3d11%40googlegroups.com.