I appreciate Jeremy including some guidance on nomenclature
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Adopt%20a%20Titles%20Policy:%5B%5BAdopt%20a%20Titles%20Policy%5D%5D%20%5B%5BNaming%20of%20System%20Tiddlers%5D%5D>

in the main TiddlyWiki documentation.  Given the changes to TW5 over the
last couple of years, though, I'm curious how uers are actually naming
their tiddlers — in particular, user-created system tiddlers.

I've been running counter to convention by naming macros and plugins
$:/Secret-HQ/macros/mymacro and $:/Secret-HQ/plugins/myplugin.  Other
typical naming for me includes $:/Secret-HQ/ui/sidebar/mysidebartab and
$:/Secret-HQ/stylesheet/thisstyle (though I'd rather switch to /css instead
of /stylesheet).

This keeps my self-created system tiddlers together in alphabetical
listings, but since I tag them all $:/tags/Secret-HQ, I can keep track of
them with <<list-links>> macros easily enough.

It's nonstandard, though, and it will eventually cause problems if I share
any of my content.  So I should probably be naming this way, instead:

   - $:/css/Secret-HQ/thisstyle
   - $:/macros/Secret-HQ/mymacro
   - $:/plugins/Secret-HQ/myplugin
   - $:/ui/Secret-HQ/sidebar/mysidebartab
   - $:/tags/Secret-HQ

Am I right in thinking these names are more standardized and less likely to
cause conflicts/confusion if the wind up in someone else's TiddlyWiki
somehow?

—

As a follow-up question:  What's up with

   - $:/tags/Macro
   - $:/tags/ControlPanel
   - $:/tags/PageControl
   - $:/tags/Stylesheet

... and the like?

I've reconciled myself to their camelcase, but what was the (maybe purely
historical now?) logic behind using these names rather than:

   - $:/Macro
   - $:/ControlPanel
   - $:/PageControl
   - $:/Stylesheet

... ?

Identifying tags *AS* tags in their name seems a little clunky and
counterintuitive to me — which could just be me having trouble wrapping my
brain around the faux-tree naming structure.  Emerson warned that "a
foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," but I can't help
thinking it would be more elegant to have $:/Macro/Secret-HQ/mymacro tagged
$:/Macro and $:/User/Secret-HQ.

Maybe that itsn't the best way to go about it, but I *DO* feel TiddlyWiki
could benefit from tighter consistency of naming conventions, especially
with it being so community- and contributor-oriented.  My own nonstandard
naming developed out of learning to create different kinds of tiddlers one
at a time and not seeing a consistent pattern among the names.  (And I
suspect others have faced the same issue, as I stil run across plugins
named $:/user/plugin/aplugin rather than $:/plugin/user/aplugin.)

Is development a little too far down the line to be raising this sort of
nitpick?  Or is TiddlyWiki5 still fluid enough to benefit from these kinds
of questions?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/79e41223-7254-4cb7-ad0d-125e1ed32915%40googlegroups.com.