Hi *c pa*, thanks for that. So, it looks like once your "person" object
tiddler has been created, its title field is inviolate, and cannot be
edited by the user. What is the initial value of the title field at
creation time? If it is a name, say  title:Joe Bloggs, what happens when
the user then comes along and uses your *<$edit>* widgets to change the
firstname and surname fields to firstname:Jane and surname:Doe but the title
still shows as title:Joe Bloggs? That is one of the things I'm trying to
avoid having happen.

Hegart.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/26bbb187-9cbf-439e-867b-33999ae589d4%40googlegroups.com.