HI David

> I know that this was available in TW classic, such as the inlcude plugin
> <http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/#IncludePlugin>, there is a whole thread
> here in the TW group
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/tiddlywiki/sharing$20$2F$20importing$20external$20tiddlers$20/tiddlywiki/rQz8aDt76vQ/JNY4LX-_fAcJ>
>  discssing it, and it's various offshoots.
>
> The question is how is TW5 so different that these TW classic plugins don't
> work for TW5 ? Are they relatively easy to make them TW5 compatible ?

It’s the browsers that have changed; since TiddlyWiki Classic days all of the
major browsers have implemented substantial restrictions on the actions that
can be performed from a file:// URI. TWC’s includeplugin doesn’t work like it
did in contemporary browsers.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7A143778-B35A-4A60-9349-6FC893E599AE%40gmail.com.