OK, after my disappointment recorded below, I came up with another approach and
I think have now got things working on Internet Explorer 11:

http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease

It needs thoroughly testing under other browsers too, but seems to work for me,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CE449E5B-A200-42BC-8C89-C7BD31C10726%40gmail.com.