Hi Mat

Yes. I want to create a template for a tabbed tiddler where the parent
tiddler and each of the tabs have the same title but the tabs will also
have a suffix. This way if I need to edit a tab, I will be able to verify
which tiddler is the parent. I maybe looking at doing this the wrong way.
Can you explain how the caption field would be used?

I think I have vertical tabs working. Is it class:"tc-vertical" or
class=tc-vertical? The parameters are given but not used in the examples on
tiddlywiki.com so I'm unclear on what this and other syntax should be.

You're right. I'm not using it because what I tried didn't work and broke
the tabs. I tried this:

<<tabs tabsList:"[[<<currentTiddler>>: Description]] [[<<currentTiddler>>:
Devices]]
[[<<currentTiddler>>: Frequency]] [[<<currentTiddler>>: Script Name]] [[<
<currentTiddler>>: Monitoring Criteria]] [[<<currentTiddler>>: Alert
Trigger Criteria]] [[<<currentTiddler>>: Immediate Reaction Steps]]"
class:"tc-vertical">>

and this

<<tabs tabsList:"<<currentTiddler>>[[: Description]] <<currentTiddler>>[[:
Devices]]
<<currentTiddler>>[[: Frequency]] <<currentTiddler>>[[: Script Name]] [[<
<currentTiddler>>: Monitoring Criteria]] <<currentTiddler>>[[: Alert
Trigger Criteria]] <<currentTiddler>>[[: Immediate Reaction Steps]]"
class:"tc-vertical">>

but neither works.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/71f0f2dd-4928-4f5f-afe5-e21835792182%40googlegroups.com.