So how did the csv2json crash? I imagine if you try to convert too much at
once there will be problems.

A quick look online suggests that the zotero RDF format may have more
fields than the json export. RDF is (usually) just a text format (XML) so
you could browse it and see if it contains everything you want.

If you have your data in the form of a table, what some people have done is
to load it into a spreadsheet. Then add columns and rows to "decorate" the
data so that it looks like a JSON file. Then copy the whole thing as text
(usually need "copy as" functionality) and then paste into a text file to
create your json file to import.

HTH
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/93ea35bb-7d6b-4e0d-adfb-f1136c7cd569%40googlegroups.com.