Hi HC,

Which version of the toc macro do you use atm?

I was experimenting with a different TOC approach in Aug. 2014. I did a
minimal proof of concept but I didn't extend it, since the existing core
version is just good enough for me :)

The mechanism is based on a "parent" field. So every branch can decide,
where it wants to be listed. ... But much more experiments would be needed
and the configuration isn't convenient atm.

or

At the moment, we are refactoring the core TOC
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/2650> to implement a
protection against an infinite loop. So it may be possible to make the
"sort" parameter dynamic. ... I'll have to think about it.

In the mean while, you should go with a workaround.

-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/23307553-18c4-456e-a380-33b218647aec%40googlegroups.com.