Hi,

That sucks. I've been there. Have you tried the Classic version? I
personally prefer that one and it has options that you can set to auto-save
any changes and to create backups. It is located here:
http://classic.tiddlywiki.com
-- There are also a lot of plugins and themes already out there because
it's been around for a while.

You can set the auto-save and save-backups settings on the "options ยป"
panel on the right. Click it and it will show you a panel, then check the
boxes. To specify a backup folder, you'd hover your mouse over the top
right-hand corner of the screen and it will show you a "backstage" button.
Click it and it will open a bar. Click on "tweak" and then at the top of
the table, you can see the backups folder name as the third option down.
You can also access the aforementioned auto-save and save-backups options
here.

It's very hard to lose work when using these methods because a copy of your
wiki is saved every time you click "done" when editing a tiddler. It's also
saved whenever you manually click "save." If your current wiki somehow went
wrong, you can even go back to the backups and check them for previous
information. You can open them just as you would your main wiki file.

There are themes for it here: http://themes.tiddlywiki.com/
Plugins/extensions are here: http://tiddlyvault.tiddlyspot.com/

I hope this helps. I'm yet to lose anything with this method, and have
great trust in it.

Regards,
Hiru

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f2b84921-e63a-4462-ab93-c3d779bcaa55%40googlegroups.com.