On their continuous effort to deliver cutting edge features to you, the
NoteSelf team (formerly known as just me :D) is delighted to announce that
*NoteSelf online
edition* is now an offline-first experience.

This means that you will be able to use the online edition *even if you are
offline*, isn't that mind-blowing ?

Wait, there is more!

Being an offline-first application allows you to use NoteSelf *like* a
native mobile app. This mean that you can have it on your *app launcher
with it's own icon*, that it will appear on your list of opened/recent apps
and some other features restricted to native applications.

Hey, hey, hey, I want this! Fine, this is how:

   1. navigate to noteself.github.io/online with a *compatible browser*
   2. open your browsers options and select "add to home screen" (text may
   vary depending on language and browser version)
   3. you will see something similar to the below image (sorry it is on
   spanish)

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IO5Cg_6PdJk/WGV6lXSpi3I/AAAAAAAAUr4/0NaRQOl-7Q8lEKqNJApLXic551N-3HhwwCKgB/s1600/Screenshot_2016-12-29-12-29-53.png>

      4. NoteSelf can now live along with the test of your apps! (pic below)

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aD7HdZOgE78/WGV7RJ9q7eI/AAAAAAAAUsA/H4P1LpQjTKkDwWkSAjovTc0WPdTH4mg6ACKgB/s1600/IMG_20161229_123140.png>

      5. it even has a beautiful (depending on your likings) splash screen!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ymBJblEivYQ/WGV7kZGecSI/AAAAAAAAUsM/cFKQiV6eWPMDyUOEPVbZXmSJbvKCpZ-3gCKgB/s1600/Screenshot_2016-12-29-12-36-32.png>

The supported browsers for the native app experience are chrome and Opera
so far, Firefox is on the way. The offline capabilities should work on a
wider range of of browsers.

This have several advantages over the offline version:

   - Allways up to date. Don't worry anymore about updating, the online
   version is allways the latest version!
   - Direct access from your launcher with a recognizable icon
   - Easier to use: because we rely on web standards the user experience is
   delightful. For some reason mobile browser vendors doesn't like opening
   local html files and opening them can become a tedious task. Sometimes its
   is just not possible.

Hope you enjoy this new feature as much as I do , at the end I'm the main
user of NoteSelf :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/db81f422-5424-461c-91dc-8ecaf8dab16c%40googlegroups.com.