Hi Daniel,

Mario's syntax uses the macrocall widget, which is a somewhat more formal
way of calling a macro that works better in some situations.

The problem with the timeline macro is that it doesn't give you access to
the sorting order (A/D), as you can see in this filter:

[!is[system]$subfilter$has[$dateField$]*!**sort*[$dateField$]limit[$limit$]
eachday[$dateField$]]

You can't reach the *!sort* in the macro invocation. You can try putting
the following into a tiddler, which is modified from the original timeline
code:

\define timeline2(limit:"100",format:"DDth MMM YYYY",subfilter:"",dateField:
"modified")
<$list filter=
"[!is[system]$subfilter$has[$dateField$]sort[$dateField$]limit[$limit$]eachday[$dateField$]]"

<$view field="$dateField$" format="date" template="$format$"/>
<$list filter=
"[sameday:$dateField${!!$dateField$}!is[system]$subfilter$sort[$dateField$]]"

<$link to={{!!title}}>
<<timeline-title>>
</$link>
</$list>
</$list>
\end
<$macrocall $name="timeline2" subfilter="" format={{$:/language/
RecentChanges/DateFormat}} dateField="created"/>

It seemed to work in my quick test, though I didn't look at dates too
closely.

Good luck!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7e045124-c89f-476b-9d3e-6992563bb9c1%40googlegroups.com.