I have been looking at how to update this plugin and I posted an
experimental version
here http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/BarChart/#Bar%20Chart%20Creator

You can make the charts vertical or horizontal and you can make the
sections into multiple bars instead of just a single bar and I made a tool
that lets you design your chart and outputs the widget code so you don't
have to remember everything. That may be my solution to how complex things
get when you start adding options to something like this.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/63ac5eb5-d33d-40a8-97a8-09b02fef86eb%40googlegroups.com.