its highly debatable the change will keep them competitive.

what it is doing is making Firefox MORE LIKE most every other browser. So
WHY bother with it?

FF is/was used because of the flexibility of its add-on architecture. It
thrived on add-ons.

Its add-ons, month by month, become harder to run. Its losing users who ask
themselves: Why bother?

IMO its shot itself in the foot and will continue to decline because it
THREW OUT ITS BABY.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4048e4f8-6337-4b27-87e9-77e57b7fcbe2%40googlegroups.com.