I wonder if it could have anything to do with the browser cache or cookies?
I posted a message here a couple of days ago about not being able to save
to tiddlyspot on a Chromebook, but I think the C'book is a red herring and
my problem is maybe the same as you are seeing. I had two TW's on
tiddlyspot, TW1 could save, and TW2 could not. I messed around with stuff,
including clearing the browser cache and cookies, and now neither TW will
save on the C'book. However, on my work laptop I can still save both of
these to tiddlyspot, on Chrome browser.

On the Chromebook, I can download the tw to my local storage, edit, then
upload back to tiddlyspot and the changes are saved. But when I access the
tw from tiddlyspot, save still does not work.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7fd1fd64-8b3b-4a22-a033-26b93f91e0fb%40googlegroups.com.