TL;DR -- Valid for your image usecase only

I would handle it that way:

Create a tiddler: Image-Licenses with the content:

Everything that is tagged: $:/tags/Image is license: x, y, z ...
<<list-links "[tag[$:/tags/Image]]">>

and link the tiddler somewhere in the "Thanks to: " section of the wiki.

-------------- Reasoning below: It's a management problem ----------------

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 9:59:39 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> I have an issue. The best way to explain it is through a *Use Case*.
>
> Imagine you made a library of svg icons using other peoples images. You
> want users to be able to browse and drag-n-drop ONLY icons they want (i.e.
> a plugin containing them all is inappropriate).

For SVGs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics> there is
an established mechanism to include meta-data directly into the svg code.
... SVGs use a text based XML <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML>
(Extensible Markup Language) format.

If you open it with a text editor or TW-editor, it looks very similar to
HTML <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML> (Hypertext Markup Language) and
it is "human" and "machine" readable. see:
http://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fimages%2Fdelete-button and open it.

With TW we use a *manually stripped down* version of SVG. There is just
enough "xml" left, that the browser or an other program can handle it.

eg: (stripped down again for readability)

<svg class="tc-image-delete-button tc-image-button" viewBox="0 0 128 128"
width="22pt" height="22pt">
    <g fill-rule="evenodd" transform="translate(12.000000, 0.000000)">
        <rect x="0" y="11" width="105" height="16" rx="8"></rect>
    </g>
</svg>

If you save the delete button as an delete.svg file, open it with eg:
inkscape, Edit the global Document: Settings: License to eg: CC-BY and
save, you'll get something similar to this:

<svg xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"; xmlns=
"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; viewBox="0 0 128 128" height="22pt" width=
"22pt" version="1.1" xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#"; xmlns:dc=
"http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"; class="tc-image-delete-button
tc-image-button">
 <metadata>
  <rdf:RDF>
   <cc:Work rdf:about="">
    <cc:license rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/"/>
   </cc:Work>
  </rdf:RDF>
 </metadata>
 <g transform="translate(12)" fill-rule="evenodd">
  <rect rx="8" height="16" width="105" y="11" x="0"/>
 </g>
</svg>

As you can see, now the (manually stripped down) <metadata> section is
still "heavier" then the real content. ... That's why we completely
stripped it in TW. ... BUT it contains a <cc:License> section, that is
sufficient for your drag and drop usecase.

Similar settings are available for every other image editor. eg: exif for
jpg <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif>, png, gif, and so on. So .... If
the global program settings are done right, the license fields should be
there already.

So if you want to deal with it for images, you definitely should have a
look at the editor-software. ... That's one reason, why I wrote: "*It's a
management problem*"

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f695f8da-3c27-4878-a048-9379f6844ed7%40googlegroups.com.