Jed Carty wrote:

> What sort of alarms do you want?

The browser is limited in what it can do. If you always have the wiki open
> in a browser and if that tab is always loaded than you may be able to have
> the wiki do system notifications.

Right. So maybe a good starting point is that? Assume the TW is always live.

Just as an example I was thinking of Thomas Elmiger's ToDoNow. It does have
time setting for tasks. For the items that do have a time set it would be
great if there were an alert 30 minutes before the event time.

Rather than have a system notification, what would really help is if that
the event concerned (the Tiddler) would show in a pop-up in the TW (maybe
in a modal?) 30 minutes before the due time with a message saying "X
happens in 30 minutes". Not sure if this is in anyway possible?

But, something like that.

(Let me hasten to add that I am no way saying TE should do this ... merely
it is a good example where an alarm could have utility)

> the part that is lacking and that a lot of people assume is trivial is the
> user interface. UI design isn't easy, in fact it is magically difficult.

As i tried to conceive what it should look like I realised that is
absolutely so.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9150cfa6-392a-46c6-9746-234ae2bd62cc%40googlegroups.com.