I hate to say this, but I think the "real solution" is go give-in to the
current trend of pushing eveything to a "web application" and run it from a
server in "the cloud". That could be something like the way NoteSelf uses
Nodeant or TiddlySpot. Personally I think this takes away from the
advantages of TiddlyWiki (one file you can copy anywhere and open in any
browser).

Nodeant is a CouchDB SaaA; so you can run your own CouchDB instead (I've
been doing that successfully for about a week now).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c2fdd17c-fe55-4008-8dc6-855a44ed67bb%40googlegroups.com.