> including macros etc... I want to pass a value to subsequent lists etc...
> that is not reevaluated in every other tiddler/macro/filter etc...

Once upon a time, there where no global macros.
Macros could only live within the tiddler where they have been defined.
Users felt great pain. They endlessly complained about of their misery.
So a brave hero had to be sent out to defend the dragon ...
uups ... ok ok ...

Since beta 5.0.13
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Release%205.0.13-beta:%5B%5BRelease%205.0.13-beta%5D%5D%20ImportVariablesWidget>

we have the import-variables widget.

*outer: *

\define my-macro() Praise the hero!

<$set name="var-test" value="asdf">
  <$transclude tiddler="inner" mode=block/>
</$set>

*inner: *

<$importvariables filter="outer">

<<my-macro>>