Ciao PMario & all

*I've partly answered my own question.* It will work using ID's in TW but
only so long as the Tiddler containing the source SVG is also open. Once
its closed the href's from any other Tiddler to it expire. I don't have the
skill to figure out how to programmatically deal with this or even if you
can.

BUT I'm wondering if there is a way to transclude a multiple "symbol" SVG
into a tiddler so its hidden but still fully "alive". That might work for
the use case since the "symbol set" in only for use in one Tiddler a time
anyway. Just not sure what would happen if you had two Tiddlers open both
of which had the same "symbol set" SVG ... In effect having the same ID in
two places at once (albeit with identical content).

Best wishes
Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> The easiest way to access "symbols" within an SVG (i.e. a discrete image
> within a "wrapper SVG") is to use ID's. *But I suspect this may conflict
> with TW basic working?* There is another method using the co-ordinate
> system of viewport and viewBox but it starts getting very complicated.
>
> Before I start trying to work out details of how to do this I'd appreciate
> any comments you may have.
>
> The "reference system" looks like this:
>
> A <symbol> definition example within an SVG (its largely independent of
> its parent) ...
>
> <symbol id="shape-icon-2" viewBox="0 26 100 48">
>     <!-- <path>s and whatever other shapes in here -->
> </symbol>

The HTML call to it is, in theory, easy ...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/34ba7115-13b5-461d-8c38-b66b88d1caa9%40googlegroups.com.