I still think anchor tags that can be used to generate a toc within a
tiddler could be useful. One example where I would like to use them is in
code documentation. If you generate a document for each module, you may
want a section with a heading Change Log. From my experience, you can't
create multiple tiddlers with the same name. So using the macro toc would
end up showing Change Log for one module, and then it would be Change
Log(1) in the next, and Change Log(2) in the next, and that isn't pretty.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1bc42977-cc17-4bc8-9287-42f36d03ba58%40googlegroups.com.