Folks,

Please forgive my being so brash to propose some TW5 core additions but I
am in the middle of a learing curve that may inform some improvements to
the core that will help others on this learning curve. I would liove your
feedback and if you are a GitHub proficiant person for you to submitt them.
First I will explain what I want with a small explination and hope the
reasons prove self evident, however I will put a longer argument if
requested. I acknowledge there may be a gap in my knowledge and are happy
to be set straight. I am no Genius but I am not stupid and a clear way to
do the following would have made adopting TW5 much easier. I hope I am
using the correct terminology.

Psudo-Constants
Provide tools to create "constants" within a given tiddler and any
sub-tiddlers (transcluded, called, macros etc...)
I have finaly learned I can do this using the below

\define currentobjectsrc()
{{!!title}}
\end
<$wikify name="currentobject" text=<<currentobjectsrc>>>

Such that <<currentobject>> has the same value in all sub-tiddlers

*This is still not sufficent as <<currentobject>> can only be used in some
places*.

Why cant we have an established syntax that allows this as a built in
feature?

The current methods are way to convoluted and I fear act as a barier to
someone using tiddlywiki as their knowledge must be much deeper than it
need be before they can do something most people will think of while they
are learing about tiddlywiki. In this case much can be done without
learning to navigate a lot of complexity by providing values that are not
so context sencitive.

Edit fields in Current Tiddler
Provide the tools to edit fields in the Current Tiddler

The complexity of editing fields in the current tiddler, whilst it has its
technical reasons, runs counter to the intuitive value of tiddlywiki. The
most practical way is to use the tiddler edit function in which case the
user has to see all possible fields and values. I would like to provide
access to edit fields in the current tiddler through the View Template,
without needing to use two additional tiddlers to achive this.

I understand the issue is the rendering of each key stroke and the loss of
focus, but why can we not have a method where you nominate a field and its
value is placedn in an external tiddler, you then edit the field value and
on pressing a (field) save button, it is written back to the calling
tiddler in one shot?

Once again the current methods are way to convoluted and I fear act as a
barier to someone using tiddlywiki as their knowledge must be much deeper
than it need be before they can do something most people will think of
while they are learing about tiddlywiki.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/46636a2e-a45b-4a80-8a75-b4416743f32e%40googlegroups.com.