This takes us into the realm of Yacc (Bison) and Lex for tokenising and
parsing. Just a few Javascript versions and alternatives off hand:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/jscc-parser
http://zaach.github.com/jison/docs/
http://canna71.github.io/Jacob/

I'm sure there must be someway to sort out the tokenising of a standard
Tiddler.

Hmmm, the last time I worked with Yacc/Lex was about 25 years ago. Guess
I'm a little rusty on the subject these days.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/533d9336-982b-4f1c-8252-4ba073554fa0%40googlegroups.com.