Ciao dg

I agree with you that many *SEARCHES for TiddlyWiki bring up both Classic &
TW5*. Since TW5 is NOT fully downwardly compatible *it can create confusion*
having those results. *Different names should have been used, really* as
they are different things. They weren't named so differently, so newbies
can form the IMPRESSION TWC should be subsumed by & auto-supported by TW5.
That is not the case in any straightforward way.

It has left a CONFUSING legacy. It is too late to put it right now.

Regarding PINNING for beginners*. For reasons I don't understand there was
resounding SILENCE. *It may be this group is in a Catch 22. There are not
that many active people here and (rightly) the small numbers don't want to
get involved in stuff like supporting beginners explicitly because its a
BIG commitment to do it properly.

*On the other hand, nobody here is against beginners*.

IN SHORT --- IF you have CHUTZPA as a newbie you will do okay. You may well
be appreciated.

But there is NO pinned HAND-HOLDING SECTION section yet. There should be,
but there isn't. So the beginning of really utilizing TW *IS* tough.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/68d26915-761c-4630-a93a-101e94d4da87%40googlegroups.com.