TiddlyTweeter et al,

> Noted. I apologise for referring to it a few times as "Retired". I
> genuinely formed the idea that TiddlyServer was its nemesis.

I had formed that opinion as well based on comments in one of the last
TiddlyWiki hangouts about TiddlyDesktop. There was a TiddlyServer version 1
that was similar to TiddlyDesktop I am told. Thus mine was named version 2.
I don't know why you couldn't use TiddlyServer 2 to build a new
TiddlyDesktop 2, except that it doesn't quite have the same functionality
yet. They would basically perform the same function.

I would be happy to work with any developers who want to do something like
this, or contribute ideas. At some point, TiddlyServer is probably going to
get an admin panel.

That is REALLY INTERESTING COMMENT. I do not get this GG through Email. To
> me IT IS A FORUM.

I get *these* GG through my email, where it is conveniently grouped by
thread and tagged according which GG it originates from. However I am
probably one of the biggest culprits when it comes to using regular for dev
talk. I try to keep it separate, but sometimes I forget.

I've also become pretty experienced at figuring out which threads are of
interest to me (esp. design discussions) and which are out of my field
(anything with filters or wikitext). Gmail tells me how many emails came in
for that category since I last checked, so I can pretty well make sure I
don't miss anything I'm interested in.

Then, of course, I can search for any mention of a certain term, such as
TiddlyServer, right in my inbox.

> * There’s often a feeling that making changes to tiddlywiki.com isn’t
> practical, which I think is why we’re discussing using pinned threads to
> solve problems that should really be solved on the main site.  I’m very
> much open to contributions that make changes, but those contributions have
> to happen…

I usually feel this way as well. Although I probably shouldn't. Now that I
have the tools I need to easily clone and commit (GitHub Desktop), it
should make it easier. I just have to look up what exactly to edit.

To kick off, for a long time my ambition for migrating from Google Groups
> has been to eat our own dog food and move to a TiddlyWiki-based discussion
> board...

There's a lot of work between here and there. TiddlyWiki hasn't yet seen a
solution that scales well no matter the size. And this Google Group
generates a lot of content. I really feel like we need a wiki where some of
us who want to document stuff can do so. We already have Wikibooks
available. Github wiki could work but is not as easy to organize nicely. We
have reddit wiki. And we could use TiddlyWiki for a community wiki. I feel
like I'm getting close to that point with TiddlyServer and CardServe (in
the works), but I have no idea what Jeremy has up his sleeve. That would
not need to scale nearly as much as a message board or forum would anyway.

Arlen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSSuSsTaqk%3Dv4zZ0n%3Dj3FqgQQYx_eLA4FRcjP5CnNYtU9A%40mail.gmail.com.