On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:44:07 PM UTC+1, vayira wrote:

> The bloat is to do with file size. The TW 2.8.1 with 294 tiddlers that I
> have built up over years takes up only 585k, but an empty TW 5.1 uses 2M.
> So I'm not going to migrate my day to day TW at all, but I am experimenting
> with it for a new project, which I was thinking of putting online, but over
> 2M makes it very slow to download. It is cool to use, but is a huge file.

If you use a decent hosting service, the servers will compress the file,
befor sending it over the wire.

So empty.htm will be about 2MByte plain text, but 300k sent over the net.

Compared to 1 image of a modern smartphone, which has about 4 MByte, TW is
nothing, and JPEGs can't be compressed ....

just my 2 cents
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7f56ced5-9dad-4b6b-b1c8-7545021c3e6c%40googlegroups.com.