Just to revive this, I'll share a short Tiddler I've been keeping with some
great explanations by Eric Shulman recently (attached).

It clarifies the use of < vs <<  amd { vs {{ in and out of filters, and has
been very helpful to me.

Im not sure where something like this would go in the current documentation
(if it was improved). I always thought it would be helpful to have a
Beginner FAQ and Intermediate FAQ.

Best,
Diego

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/587d042f-b113-462a-8335-f7d29b0e957b%40googlegroups.com.