Hi Abraham,

You are right.
IMO licenses are important and TW plugins have a well defined mechanism, to
distribute the license file / links with plugins.

I do have a problem with the "license now"  link you posted. From my point
of view, it only shows a very limited short list.

IMO this alphabetical view https://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical
gives a more complete list of *open source* licenses. (I know that the
number is overwhelming, but I'll try to shorten it later in the text ... )

The https://opensource.org/ project page also describes the background for
open source licenses a little bit. So everyone can make up their own
opinion.

*What tiddlywiki.com already uses: *

 - TW core uses the BSD - 3 clause
<https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause> license. Also see:
TiddlyWiki5 Individual Contributor License Agreement [1]
 - TW core documentation uses CC-BY
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/> Creative Commons Attribution
3.0 ... Also see: [1]

*Existing best practice for plugin authors*:

 - The plugin.info file eg: [2] contains a list-field that should list
minimum 2 tiddlers
    - license
    - readme
 - The license tiddler should contain the license text for the plugin
    - or a link to the license, if the text is much longer than the plugin
itself. or
    - for convenience. See: [3]
 - The license tiddler can contain the license text for 3rd-party licenses
[4]
    - Also see [1]

For documentation the Creative Commons licenses make more sense, since they
have been designed for that purpose.
For code OpenSource licenses make more sense since they have ...

*My personal thoughts*

I think, that GPL and cousins doesn't fit well for tiddlywiki atm. They are
very strong, if compilers are involved. So in the future with web-assembly,
they may be part of future development of TW.

If a project I want to use, has a license, that doesn't fit. ... Talk to
the author!

If I start my own plugins, I use a very restrictive license at the
beginning! eg: CC-BY-NC-SA
Because making them free is easy. ... The other way around is impossible.

More responses can be found here in the group at: TiddlyWiki, licensing and
creative works
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/Itt-_P-k-Og/discussion>

just my thoughts
have fun!
mario

[1] TiddlyWiki5 Individual Contributor License Agreement
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/licenses/cla-individual.md#23-outbound-license>
[2]
https://github.com/wikilabs/plugins/blob/master/wikilabs/uni-link/plugin.info#L9

[3]