Yes, that does sounds ideal.  Auto splitting attachments, plain and html
text into into their own tiddlers so you could choose to import or discard,
very cool.

After doing a bit of reading about deserializers being part of the TW core,
it also sounds well above my current abilities. :-)

Thanks for the note, though, it proves I wasn't missing something obvious.