I'm trying to construct a tabulated listing of tiddlers using the following
template. In the <tr> element, "order" is an attribute, and it's value XXX
is the tiddler's position in the title list (not shown in example).

<$list filter="filter goes here">
    <!-- row contents here -->
</$list>

As I've discovered, tiddlywiki macros don't do simple text substituion at
all, so doing something obvious like

\define makerow(i) <tr order="$i">

<$list filter="filter goes here">
  <$macrocall $name="makerow" i=<<XXX>> />
    <!-- row contents here -->
</$list>

doesn't work because the substition works fine, but the macro output then
seems to be rendered into the DOM tree as  a <tr order="1"></tr>, but NOT
wrapped around my row contents (and the </tr> in the source is now an
orphaned end element).

Can anyone instruct me on how I can produce <tr> elements so they get the
correct attribute value and wrap my row contents - the row contents in the
sample is quite complicated, so I suspect it'll break tiddlywiki if the
answer is to move the lot up into the macro.

Cheers, Iain

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e93f79fd-ceb6-42fb-96b3-9f9d89016aad%40googlegroups.com.