Hi Thomas

I'm working with long sequences of complex regular expressions in one
Tiddler. The issue is that sometimes I need to optimise one or two of them
that are slowing render. But unless I can insert a timer that records the
time at a given point I have no idea which of the regular expressions are
inefficient. This makes development overly complicated. Without it I have
to, one-by-one, test the regex. Fine if you have 3. Unworkable if you have
25.

My BEST scenario would be able to insert a timestamp before and after the
regular expressions I think are the problem to isolate the issues (in
render). It is NOT important if that saving of a Timestamp is itself an
overhead, it can be adjusted for. And, in some ways I think it would be
better saved to a separate State Tiddler rather than a field, if you grasp
what I mean.

Please ask if anything is unclear or you need examples.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f16365ef-88e3-4f5e-8408-1f28a58220aa%40googlegroups.com.