I would like to be able to take notes by making lists like this:

Optional headline
-an item
--a subitem
-another item

-yet another item, separated from the previous in both edit- and view modes

What you see looks the same in both edit- and view-mode. So, the
"triggering pattern" to render a line break is thus simply a *line break
followed by a minus*.

How?

My use case is that I often make quick and temporary "keyword notes" -
they're not intended as actual bullet lists and might for example be
elaborated into sentences or paragraphs later on. This is also why the
'separations' are important; it is to distinguish keyword groups from one
another.

Thank you!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f2e78165-38ff-4049-b2a2-5ec38609490a%40googlegroups.com.