Mark: Yes, that is what I’m saying. And it’s worse: I let TW save on
tiddler edit and the little popup box in the upper right corner that says
‘saved wiki’ *does* appear to signal the save when the tiddler is changed
from draft to normal. So TW is lying about its status in the user
notification -- the only signal for the unsaved status is the ‘save
changes’ icon in the menu which doesn’t change colour.

Of course it would help if TW detected a failed save attempt to spit out a
proper warning.

Am Freitag, 9. März 2018 20:37:52 UTC+1 schrieb Mark S.:
> Zyb is saying (I think) that the failure occurred silently. That is, it
> didn't announce that it wasn't saving. So your method would fail just like
> the DropBox method, because no new edits were being saved to disk.
> Maybe TW needs to make a bigger fuss when a save fails so that the user
> knows to stop working. It already does this when running on node.js.
> -- Mark
> On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 11:12:37 AM UTC-8, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
>> Ciao Zyb
>> To the people suggesting backups: You’re aware, right? that we are
>>> talking about unsaved (and unsavable), ‘dirty’ files here, for which the
>>> backup process (simultaneous to the save) has already failed
>> ABSOLUTELY. That is why I run redundant backup that checks for changes
>> every 5 minutes. External backup is simply the reliable method with the
>> least hassle.
>> The other writers who are talking about JSON scenarios are correct, but
>> overlooking breakdown scenarios.
>> Best wishes
>> Josiah

To post to this group, send email to