I tried it and it works for me

I've downloaded all the tiddlymap things.. hotzone, vis, topstoryview and
tiddlymap itself

I made a folder "felixhayashi" inside plugins/tiddlywiki - this is
different to what you did, maybe this solves the problem
Inside that folder I moved all the folders from the 4 plugins

The felixhayashi folder then looks like:

hotzone
tiddlymap
topstoryview
vis

The tiddlywiki.info file looks like

   "plugins": [
        "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb",
        "tiddlywiki/filesystem",
        "tiddlywiki/highlight",
        "tiddlywiki/felixhayashi/topstoryview",
        "tiddlywiki/felixhayashi/vis",
        "tiddlywiki/felixhayashi/hotzone",
        "tiddlywiki/felixhayashi/tiddlymap"
    ],

Here I put vis before tiddlymap, I don't know if that changes something,
but I know that tiddlymap depends on vis, and if the order here has
something to say (if!) then this would be right

Now I am running a tiddlywiki with the tiddlymap plugin working

If you follow these steps it should work for you
If it doesn't, then you should probably check where your tiddlywiki folder
is, and if you've edited the correct tiddlywiki.info file

BTC

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6c59b5d9-26ab-436a-81bc-410eed3e43b7%40googlegroups.com.