First thing first: Tremendous thanks to everyone that contributes to this
group. The amount of time and effort seems incredible to me. Keep up the
great work!

Now, I am not a developer. I am a user. I am an engineer with very limited
knowledge of TW coding. I do not have too much time to learn TW because I
work 8 hours a day and have a family to attend afterward. At the most, I
try very hard to catch up with the hundreds of new posts every week. It
would take more than an hour a day to get familiar with the content of each
new post. I am feeling the pain (i.e. very frustrated) because I cannot get
up to speed with all the great postings.

I strongly suggest to the community to separate TW into several groups. I
know we have a Developers group, though many of developing posts are posted
in this group. For example, we can add two additional groups called: Issues
and Production (final names can be decided later). The content of each
group could be:
TW Developers: Core TW, Code, Plugins, Macros, Applications, etc.
(discussion and requests for new stuff)
TW Issues: Errors, User issues, Network issues, etc. (discussion and
requests for fixing stuff)
TW Production: Final posting of Core TW, Plugins, Macros, Apps, etc. (no
discussion here, this group is for users mostly, not developers)

Of course, there will be pros and cons to this separation. However, this
will benefit users enormously. Users will be able to get the good stuff
without the need to go over hundreds of posts; they will find solutions
faster without having to ask the same question over and over again,
overpopulating this group; TW family would expand faster by attracting
users with limited knowledge of coding (that do not have too much time to
learn the intricacies of TW language).

I understand I am writing for developers mostly, and suggesting this change
has probably been discussed (and rejected?) more than once in the past. I
am asking to reconsider, and think primarily about expanding the number of
users. I believe TW has become mature enough to become a starting point of
several excellent applications. We have plenty of end-user application
ideas though we spend too much time tunning up code for our own use instead
of creating generic applications or off-the-shelve solutions that may need
small tunning.

The following is an example of how a concerted developer effort may attract
many more users: the Cardo TW app, which has its own Google group by the
way. It is a good app though not great. I still cannot adopt it in its
current status (still using mGSD Classic TW). There is only one developer
for this app which apparently is busy and does not have the (free) time to
carry on with further development. IMHO, there should be several developers
collaborating and making this a great app that can put TW on a different
level, much better than other commercial applications (think: Remember the
Milk, Things, Wunderlist, Trello, etc.)

>From the developer perspective: Developers will be able to create wealth by
charging to end Users for services (fine tuning, debugging, creating
systems, etc.) on the TW applications. Think something similar to the Linux
family of operating systems, of the IBM network service systems. The only
app that I know that makes some money is Quine. There should be many more.
You guys need to make money; it's not a bad thing. A Production group (not
necessarily a Google group, it could be a completely separate web site)
would help to test the markets where the potential users find apps they can
use. Users won't need to peruse the whole
David's https://dynalist.io/d/zUP-nIWu2FFoXH-oM7L7d9DM to find something
usable for their needs.

Well, I could go on and on, though I must go back to (paid) work for now.

Regards,

Alfonso Arciniega

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/723d9574-39b1-4f00-be24-5fd11cea307f%40googlegroups.com.