> Yes barrowgloom, that was my goal, that by using  the caption field for
> the ToC, I could apply classes and they would show that way in the ToC. The
> ToC shows only caption fields, not titles. That is the way I set it up, so
> the ToC's could have styles in the entries. I am not sure what you are
> asking.

I was figuring the class coding wouldn't appear but their style would
effect the caption text displayed in the ToC.   I think the class style
styling in the caption field is a nifty idea.

> Perhaps you were hoping for a style applied to indicate within the ToC
> which tiddler is currently being viewed.

Right.

> And in the case of my personal version of NoteSlam, that would be a moot
> point, since I don't put the ToC in the sidebar, so you have to look at the
> ToC and the tiddlers at separate times.

understood

> I am not sure what you mean by an "indicator of position in long ToCs." I
> will assume you meant 'a visual indicator in long ToCs to show what tiddler
> is being viewed'. Again, I don't know how to do that or if it can be done.
> Blessings.

Right again, my apologies if I was unclear and no worries if you didn't
have answers but your response was appreciated.  Your work like NoteSlam
has been very  help in demostrating what can be done with TW.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a018c1c9-647a-4095-b1cc-5042f7ffa728%40googlegroups.com.