Thanks to this thread I am going to steal this method to list items to
review.

I chose a simple route. Instead of manually editing .js files.

First, I chose to go with the subscript shortcut (*Ctrl-Shift-B*) which
inserts two commas before and after the selected text:

,,Hello World,,

Second, I created a stylesheet tiddler Highlight CSS and tagged it
$:/tags/Stylesheet (shared in this thread earlier):

sub {
  font-size: inherit;
  vertical-align: baseline  ;
  line-height: 0 ;
  background-color: #9dd100;
  top: 0;
}

Third, in my Index tiddler (this is my first tiddler, at the top of my
page):

$list filter="[!is[system]search[,,]]">
@@color:red; <$view field="created" format="date" template="0DD-0MM-YYYY"
/>@@
<$link><$view field="title"/></$link><br>
</$list>

I would have liked it to be a regex, but the one I come up with is not
working *(?:,,).*(?:,,)* with the regexp filter. But this will do it for
now.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f4ae6fe6-38d7-4290-a92b-f38ebf2a8512%40googlegroups.com.