It's a bit convoluted because the tags need to be added with the tm-add-tag
message after the new tiddler is created. This seems to work:

\define makenewtiddler()
<$action-createtiddler $basetitle={{UseMeAsName}} $savetitle=
"NewTiddlerName" />
<$fieldmangler tiddler={{NewTiddlerName}}><$action-sendmessage $message=
"tm-add-tag" $param="""$(MyTag)$"""/></$fieldmangler>
\end
<$select tiddler="UseMeAsTag" default='HelloThere'>
<$list filter='[tag[HelloThere]sort[title]]'>
<option value=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field='title'/></option>
</$list>
</$select>

<$edit-text tiddler="UseMeAsName" tag="input" size="20"/>

<$vars MyTag={{UseMeAsTag}}>
<$button actions=<<makenewtiddler>>>Make Tiddler</$button>
</$vars>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0cf320f1-fb35-46b1-9491-d54bc792e7aa%40googlegroups.com.