Ciao Mat & Mark S.

As far as I understand TW code: Mark's solution, on first look, is elegant
and economical.

It changes the context in which the regex would run so that the field is
already prepped into lines, one item per line. This makes the regex
appropriately easy.

FYI to go the route of having to regex the content of a field without it
being split down into individual appropriate lines first could involve
unneeded Regex Judo. And maybe needing more than one regex. The code would
get complexer too as "[[...]]" can't be put directly in the regex in TW.
You'd have to do it through a variable (
https://tiddlywiki.com/#regexp%20Operator%20(Examples) last example). And
since "[character class]" is reserved in regex you'd also have to escape
square brackets "[\[\]]".

Worth noting Mark S. also has a PR on Github at for an additional "regexps"
operator https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/2963.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/540f6853-4df5-4249-b4ea-a3fff7ccd135%40googlegroups.com.