Hi,
it actually worked with the first code, as long as I typed a title without
spaces. I don't know why.
It seems that there is a lack of important information in the
documentation. I don't find anywhere that {variable} adds square brackets
around the result, so I wasn't able to build the correct expression. With
that piece of information, I understand it. Thanks!
In general the syntax is still very unclear to me. Can a definition be
given what
{*anything*}
evaluates to, considering that *anything* itself can be a title, a
variable, the result of* another pair of curly brackets*, etc? Because it
seems that the brackets can have a totally different meaning and sometimes
only one bracket is needed, and sometimes 2 or 3:
{$:/state/new-button-caption}
{{MyTiddler}}
{{{ [tag[mechanism]] }}}
I don't understand that logic.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/38f70c21-5fb2-4ae0-96d5-7d003ed942ec%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.