* https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/MhVsFURHpoM
*
https://philosopher.life/#2019.01.01%20-%20TWGGF%3A%20Google's%20Incentives

I've waited a while to respond to this. I might as well join.

Imho, Google's indexing isn't just poor for https://tiddlywiki.com/ but for
all TWs. I grant SEO can be improved for TW, but I am not convinced this
problem is going to be solved anytime soon (and most likely not at all).

I'm fairly cynical about the matter. Google has enormous incentives to
punish us for not channeling and packaging content into
mobile/cache-friendly formats, static tooling, oversimplified atoms of
content, and models which maximize their profits. Given their dominance,
they can force others to play by their rules, and you won't defeat them on
their own turf. They aim to optimize how we build their walled-garden for
them,<<ref "l">> track and model users efficiently, and control the masses
through a world-class advertisement machine.<<ref "t">> They don't want you
to own your identities except insofar as it benefits them. They don't want
you to have dynamic control over your data because it's not price efficient
for them (static is cheaper to handle) and they also want you to pay
(directly or indirectly) for the privilege of using services on or built in
virtue of their infrastructure instead.<<ref "a">>

TW embodies the hacker ethic: it is antithetical to Google's ends (and the
means to those ends). They have no incentive to enable the decentralization
of information power except insofar as it has asymmetrically disrupted
their competition. I expect we will continue to be punished for trying to
own our data with a tool like TW. Perhaps that will change one day; TW
would need to become mainstream enough for them to find it worth
specifically parsing, mapping, etc.<<ref "p">>

If SEO matters to you, you are likely relegated to using TW as a CMS or
development environment but never as the complete final product. It is
possible that TW still isn't the best pick there either.

I hate to say it, but I think TW is the wrong tool for the job even if
that's not TW's fault.

---
<<footnotes "l" "They want to be the sole lense through which you see and
use the internet (and more).">>

<<footnotes "t" "~85% of their revenue is generated through advertisement.
I'm tinfoil-hat enough to believe that's only most of the equation.">>

<<footnotes "a" "Dynamic control over your data, which they are fighting
against, is a necessary condition to achieving several forms of digital
autonomy.">>

<<footnotes "p" "PDFs are a fine example, but TW is radically more
dynamic.">>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c11a495e-d9bb-4477-9209-a2ac61d40c08%40googlegroups.com.