Hi Mark,

Thank you for asking! Please ask more if you would like to know more.

I think I'm going to need more information. I made a tiddler and almost
> immediately lost it. Then I had to dig for the recent tab to recover it.

This TW is conficured with authoring in mind. It inserts tiddlers at the
bottom (standard TW setting option) where I would continue writing my
story. But of course if you have a story list of more than 150 tiddlers
like in my example, then the bottom of the list is (too) far away.
When I "wrote" (actually copy-pasted) the book I changed to a new story
list after about 25 to 30 tiddlers because navigation got a bit awkward on
my 15" screen.

I think I don't understand the "loading". Is it loading an entire new set
> of items (replacing the old set), or is it adding to the story river?

There are two buttons: Load replaces the present story list with the newly
loaded one. The plus-button labelled "Append to story" – well, appends
tiddlers to the present story. I hope that part is English and
understandable?

At the end of the writing process I assembled the five parts (story lists)
of the book by appending them all to the first part.

I think you previously had buttons in the menubar that would allow you to
> add new items in place? That seems to have disappeared.

I don’t think so, but it is a great idea! I guess an "insert below" button
like the bookmark button would do? I can’t tell when I will find the time
to try this ...

Thanks again, very much appreciated!
-- Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CALXLrTiO%3DHPP40Ca90V1dCtbWjiqz9%2BXO55pF3wW5r0M%3DrgjRA%40mail.gmail.com.