Thanks for this Thomas!
Some feedback for you, apologies if you've heard it before. The short version;
simplify everything, remember mobile users, why not 2 plugins?

The long version;
Reading and writing might be two distinct modes and a user might use different
devices for each mode. e.g I might read on my phone but prefer to write on a
laptop. The interface and navigation should be mobile friendly wherever
possible.

I'd like to be able to clearly switch between modes. When I'm reading I'd like
a minimal set of options and very simple user interface, like most e-readers. A
library, a title selector, a table of contents (only as far as chapter level),
bookmarks, a clipping collector. That's about it. I'd like these to disappear
completely when I'm actually reading.

Maybe I'd like to swipe or keypress to advance the page, rather than scrolling.
Navigation everywhere by buttons.

Import of html as an e-book would be nice. e.g Project Gutenberg, but maybe
webpage import too for study/notetaking. Gutenberg books already have an html
toc.

For me good e-readers are minimalistic to look at and the content already has a
structure that I'm not going to mess with. It's for reading only, not editing
or writing.

Writing on the other hand is all about editing, playing with the structure,
granular control (to paragraph or even sentence level), the ability to move
things around, generating a toc, indexes, bibliographies, notes on notes etc. A
good writing tool also enables creativity by hiding the bells and whistles away
until called for.

E-reader manufacturers have taken a long time to refine their functions. Not
many of them include E-writers. How many writing tools include an e-reader in
the kindle sense?
Maybe this plugin/edition should be split into two? An e-reader for TW and a
Writing tool for TW.

Just some feedback, ignore at will.
Best

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e373dae6-51c4-4da5-9cdc-51feb454214d%40googlegroups.com.