That's an old post. Since 5.1.18 node on TW has had the ability to serve
images:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Using%20the%20integrated%20static%20file%20server

TiddlyServer and Bob can also serve images. TS will let you use whatever
path you want, allowing legacy upgrades.

But all these require you to be running an instance (of node, ts, or Bob)
somewhere.

But none of this is as portable as TW in the Sky.

What happened is that DB discontinued its policy that allowed images and
even web pages to be served up directly from users' DB accounts. There's a
lot more headaches in being a media company than being a file storage
company.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1e995454-a624-466a-b5f7-e9ec795e1344%40googlegroups.com.