Hello Reece,

It's a little difficult to understand your requirements the way you phrased
it. I could not understand what is meant by "the title of the tiddler that
holds the filter" - which filter? The one pasted below? What do you want
that tiddler to do?

Anyway to get you started - If you have:

*A Tiddler:*
title: A Location Tiddler
tag: Location
faction-dominant: A Faction Tiddler

*Another Tiddler:*
title: A Faction Tiddler
tag: Faction

Put this in the tiddler: A Faction Tiddler
<$list filter="[has[faction-dominant]] +[faction-dominant{!!title}]">

</$list>

It will only list tiddlers whose *faction-dominant* field contains the
title of the tiddler this code is in, in this case: *A Faction Tiddler*

If you could try to explain your issue again in a different way, it may be
easier to understand.

Also the code you pasted - it's difficult to understand what you ware
trying to do - still it might be improved - you could try this:
[tag[Location]sort[tags]] - the *sort* here is, I think, a little
meaningless. Perhaps you meant:
[tag[Location]sort[]]

[[$:/]addsuffix[state]addsuffix[/]addsuffix{!!title}] may be better written
as:
[[$:/state/]addsuffix{!!title}]

[has:field[faction-dominant]] will also find tiddlers that have this
*faction-dominant* field but it is empty.
[has[faction-dominant]] will only find tiddlers where this
*faction-dominant* field is NOT empty

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7d74ed35-f3d3-41ab-9a5a-f3770d6878d9%40googlegroups.com.